These are the main stories featured in Saturday’s newspapers.
Times of Malta reports that parents will be given a “logistical solution” fortheir children this weekend, ahead of a planned nationwide teachers’ strike on Monday. It also says that data showing that 27 people were reportedly sleeping rough over the past five years is a far cry from reality.
In-Nazzjon reports that a court of appeal had confirmed that Deputy Police Commissioner Silvio Valletta had a conflict of interest by being appointed to head investigations into the murder of Daphne Caruana Galizia.
The Malta Independent says the government had withdrawn controversial amendments in a final appeal to the teachers’ union.
L-orizzont quotes the General Workers Union addressing the extraordinary general congress marking the 75th anniversary of the union.
- Over €200,000 in contracts, direct orders for Lands Authority website developers
- Pope in Panama blasts 'fears and suspicions' over migration
- Drugs hidden in nooks and crannies around Paceville for runners to collect
- Fur-midable: Singapore foils cat-in-trousers smuggling bid
- (Senior) Forensic Investigator (w/m/d)
- Man dies after seven-storey fall in Gzira
- Leiter (m/w/d) Energiewirtschaft & Controlling
- Updated: NGO says ‘all or nothing’ as Malta offers to take 39 rescued migrants
- Rezeptionist (m/w/d)
- Richard Gere visits migrants stuck at sea in Mediterranean
- Court: Sufficient grounds for Silvio Zammit, John Dalli aide, to be sent to trial
- Woman, 81, seriously injured in Mosta accident
- Reaching the high notes... for 50 long years
- 35 years ago: Five AFM soldiers, two police officers die in patrol boat explosion
- Malta processing rescued migrants’ applications
- Provision of accommodation crucial to English-language market
- Senior SEO Manager (m/w/d)
- Wanted man gets 10-month jail term and loses €20,000 bail bond
- €9.7 million worth of cocaine seized at Freeport
- Selbstständige Filialleiter/Geschäftsführer (m/w/d) Beautyinstitut / Haarentfernung
- Bjorn Formosa named Laureate of the European Citizen’s Prize for Malta
- Breaking Bad: Japan prof 'made students produce ecstasy'
- 'I'm packing up and leaving the island' - Mistra restaurateur gives up
- Today's front pages - October 25, 2018
- No slurry discharge at Gozo plant, WSC insists despite video footage
- Hostessen und Hosts für Veranstaltung in Hamburg gesucht
- Uprooting of trees? Make up for them by having more plants at home – minister’s wife
- Fiscal watchdog wants better EU fund absorption data
- Muscat insists Nationalist MEPs voted against Malta's interests on taxation
- Technischer Redakteur Lasermarkiersysteme (w/m/d)
- Parliament Leaks: water seeping into Valletta building
- Immobilienverwalter mIw
- Russian bombers, fighters intercepted off Alaska
- Technologe Giesserei
- Sachbearbeiter Export/Anlagenversand
- Today's front pages - October 13, 2018
- CARE Personal Agent w/m/d