Malta’s progress in reaching its United Nations Sustainable Development Goal targets deteriorated with its ranking plummeting eight places, according to a global report.
The data, produced in this year’s SDG Index and Dashboard report, published by Bertelmann Stiftung and economist Jeffrey Sachs’s Sustainable Development Solutions Network, puts Malta in the 30th place, down from 22nd last year.
There were 156 countries studied, with public consultations held earlier in 2018, between April 30 and May 11.
Each country was awarded a score out of 100, with Malta managing 74.2, down from 77 in 2017, sitting behind Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Hungary and other member states.
Malta ranked just ahead of Slovakia and Croatia last year. This time, the performance of both eastern European countries improved, getting a higher score and a better rank than Malta’s.
With a score of 85, Sweden secured the top spot while the Central African Republic, which only obtained a mere 37.7, was bottom of the list.
The SDGs are a set of targets UN countries agreed to reach by 2030. They follow the Millennium Development Goals, a set of eight targets for improving the lives of the world’s poorest…
- IFA Berlin 2019 – Hostess für Western Digital gesucht
- Man who raped Italian woman gets 20 years, accomplice in kidnapping gets five
- 372,000 German drivers join legal action against Volkswagen
- Lower emissions across Europe but not in Malta
- Save our Brexit: May urges UK public to back her in letter to nation
- Criminal Court revokes order to hold magisterial inquiry into state hospitals’ transfer
- Minister Borg’s swimming pool hits new snag
- TechnikerIn Elektrotechnik zur Planung von Gebäude-/Versorgungstechnik für Komfort/Industrie
- Junior 1st Level Support (w/m/x)
- 5 Tage Hostessen @ GIFA 2019 in DÜSSELDORF gesucht
- Advisor (m/w/d) für Recruitment & Learning
- Buchhalterin (m/w)
- Mater Dei parking payment machines downtime reduced by 95%
- Calmer winds help firefighters battling deadly California blaze
- MalerIn und BeschichtungstechnikerIn
- Last day of search for victims of Indonesia disaster
- Man who vaguely threatened Roberta Metsola apologises in court
- Drug crimes added to charge sheet of young man accused of officer's hit-and-run
- Actress sues it-Torca editor over Nazi sympathiser article
- Marketing Project Manager (m/w)
- Probation officers to step up industrial action soon
- Route cleared for trekkers stranded on quake-hit Indonesian volcano
- Xghajra surveying works unrelated to land reclamation, ministry says
- Actor Rutger Hauer, of 'Blade Runner' fame, has died at 75
- Mitarbeiter für den Bereich SAP Kompetenzzentrum und Innovationsprojekte (w/m/d)
- RezeptionistIn mit Frühstücksservice
- 'It wasn't me' - Governor now denies appearance in racist photo, refuses to resign
- A 90-year-old cake stand has a Siġġiewi couple intrigued
- Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter / Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin mit dem Ziel der Promotion zum Them...
- Animal welfare: 5,000 cases, 2,000 patients, 710 animals adopted, 20 criminal cases… in one year
- Updated: Malta to grant safe port to migrants saved by NGO ship, none will stay in Malta
- Junior Qualitätsmanager (m/w)
- Mitarbeiter/in Technische Entwicklung / Projektleitung
- Għadira deckchair operators will free up space on the bay following agreement with government
- Host/Hostess für Dresdner Krankenhaus gesucht
- Elektroniker (m/w/d)
- Gozitan workers hail fourth ferry ‘resounding success’, question need for tunnel
- Taiwan will closely watch 'suppression' by China after Vatican accord