Melita’s owners have sold the company to an investment firm, just one and half years after a merger with Vodafone fell through.
Apax Partners and Fortino Capita sold the telecommunications company to EQT, a leading investment firm, for an undisclosed sum.
EQT has more than €61 billion in raised capital across 29 funds and around €40 billion in assets under management.
EQT funds have portfolio companies in Europe, Asia and the US with total sales of more than €19 billion and approximately 110,000 employees.
The company said it plans to upgrade Melita’s fixed and mobile networks and open an additional data centre location on Malta. It will also support Melita’s internationalisation strategy including its expansion in Italy as well as its innovative Internet of Things connectivity proposition.
Melita was founded in 1992 by the Gasan Group, which sold it in 2015. It will continue to operate under the leadership of CEO Harald Rösch, who has held the position since April 2016 and who is a “longstanding industrial advisor to EQT”.
A spokesman for EQT said the company invests in “good companies across the globe with the aim of turning them not only into great companies but also…
- Hardware / Firmare Developer (w/m/d)
- Lula vows to undo sale of Brazilian assets if returned to office
- Updated: Boris Johnson requests Queen to suspend UK Parliament
- Instandhalter (m/w/d)
- Rezeptionist (m/w) ab 1. Dezember 2019
- Vaccination against influenza to start on Monday
- Girl, 14, hit by car in Birkirkara
- US Girl Scouts sue Boy Scouts as boys welcome girls
- Operation Husky pilot still ‘lives’ at Lascaris
- Man held at Amsterdam airport after bomb threat
- Fire at Housing Authority offices
- Theresa May dances onto stage for Conservative conference speech
- Hungary's Orban urges voters to defend 'Christian' nations against immigration
- Woman dies in Għadira crash
- Sales Trainee im Bildungsunternehmen: Kommunikation, Kundenservice & Marketing
- Better checks and balances needed to ensure rule of law - Venice Commission
- As PM May starts Brexit tour, deputy warns difficult to win parliament vote, for now
- Rezeptionist (m/w) ab sofort oder ab September – Vollzeit oder Teilzeit 20 Stunden
- Hostess für Internationale Kulturbörse 2019 in Messe Freiburg
- Inventors of ‘conspiracy theories’ responsible for division in PN, party says
- STV. KÜCHENLEITUNG m/w/d in Vollzeit
- Reservierungsleiter m/W
- Watch live: UK MPs in crucial vote on exit from the EU
- Trump slams his ex-lawyer, calling secret recording 'perhaps illegal'
- Henley boasts of cash-for-passports scheme in Malta
- Kim Jong-un invites the Pope to North Korea
- Man accused of stealing €16,000 from car, months after leaving prison
- Hostess & Servicemitarbeiterin Restaurant Spices 100% (m/w)
- Delia urges government to take in vulnerable migrants stranded on rescue ships
- Half of missing people last year were minors
- Project Manager E-Commerce (d/m/w)
- Two Sicilian men charged with importing 40kg of cannabis
- PM's personal lawyer is redacting Egrant report
- Trump says '100%' ready to shut down Mexico border
- New mental health hospital completion date set for 2025
- Maltese footballer risks ruining career over harassing girlfriend, court hears