Melita’s owners have sold the company to an investment firm, just one and half years after a merger with Vodafone fell through.
Apax Partners and Fortino Capita sold the telecommunications company to EQT, a leading investment firm, for an undisclosed sum.
EQT has more than €61 billion in raised capital across 29 funds and around €40 billion in assets under management.
EQT funds have portfolio companies in Europe, Asia and the US with total sales of more than €19 billion and approximately 110,000 employees.
The company said it plans to upgrade Melita’s fixed and mobile networks and open an additional data centre location on Malta. It will also support Melita’s internationalisation strategy including its expansion in Italy as well as its innovative Internet of Things connectivity proposition.
Melita was founded in 1992 by the Gasan Group, which sold it in 2015. It will continue to operate under the leadership of CEO Harald Rösch, who has held the position since April 2016 and who is a “longstanding industrial advisor to EQT”.
A spokesman for EQT said the company invests in “good companies across the globe with the aim of turning them not only into great companies but also…
- Opposite ends of sofa for English and Croatian couple during semi-final
- Chef de Rang
- Bistro Mitarbeiter/in
- Parents rush to get their children vaccinated against measles
- Prospects for cleaner air over Grand Harbour as new rules push cruise ships to LNG fuel
- Lynch mob burns two men alive, by mistake
- Watch: Prime Minister addresses UN, focuses on technology to solve problems
- Kim Jong-un invites the Pope to North Korea
- Today's front pages - October 25, 2018
- 'Care and dedication shown was immense' - motorcyclist thanks officers
- 100 years after WWI, a poignant show of German-French unity
- "Baby Trump" flies in Paris as US President attends WW1 ceremony
- International Key Account Manager (m/w)
- As PM May starts Brexit tour, deputy warns difficult to win parliament vote, for now
- Reception- & Service Staff (m/f) Rezeptionist / Kellner
- Bezirksleiter (m/w) im Außendienst
- Man injured in Lija accident
- Netanyahu rules out stepping down if indicted in corruption probes
- Gozo Ministry seeks to employ nurses to work among the elderly
- 372,000 German drivers join legal action against Volkswagen
- Leiter Logistik (m/w)
- UK Brexit vote set for January 15 amid talk of delay
- PN to vote against Corinthia deal in Parliament
- IT LänderbetreuerIn Sales / Service
- Migrant rescue ship stranded at sea again
- US-NKorea summit details to be announced next week: Trump
- Sea Watch rescue ship detained by Italy coast guard
- Key Account ManagerIn
- Leak of Trump's daily schedule prompts White House fury
- Hungary's Orban urges voters to defend 'Christian' nations against immigration
- Today's front pages - April 13, 2019
- Senior Projektmanager/in (Industrie – Zentralraum Oberösterreich)
- Rezeptionist (m/w) ab sofort
- Anlagenmechaniker Sanitär-, Heizungs-, Klimatechnik (m/w/d)
- Soldier charged with stealing fuel
- Assistenz Technik (m/w) Schwerpunkt: Bauen im Bestand
- Product Manager Liquid Handling Platform (w/m/d)
- SAP ABAP Developer Consultant (m/w/d)