Police in the southern Swedish city of Malmo on Monday shot a man at the central train station who claimed to have a bomb, police and witnesses said.
Police said the shooting occurred shortly after 10 a.m. when officers responding to emergency calls confronted a man acting in a threatening manner.
Local media quoted several witnesses as saying that the man, aged around 40, had thrown a sports bag on the ground and shouted he had a bomb.
After police approached the man he continued to behave threateningly, spokeswoman Evelina Olsson told.
“A situation developed which required a police officer to fire their service weapon,” Olsson said.
The man was taken to hospital while the train station was evacuated and the bomb squad was called. Police said investigators are waiting to question him.
- Hostesse für Administration und Gästebegrüssung
- Government ‘guaranteeing’ it will go on with corruption, Delia says
- Schankkellner (m/w)
- Four dead in northern Australia shooting
- UN probing 35 North Korean cyberattacks in 17 countries, including Malta
- Leiter/in Stabsbereich Bildung (90 / 100 %)
- Reservierungshostess (m/w)
- Labour anything but underdog, bookmakers say about election
- Brexit could be good news for Maltese translators
- International Key Account Manager (m/w)
- International Management Program – Management Consulting – Real Estate & Financial Services
- Man accused of stealing €16,000 from car, months after leaving prison
- Bodies of three ‘unclaimed’ men laid to rest in sombre ceremony
- Environment Authority trying to do its work - but without resources
- Innovation Product Manager (100%)
- Fear, anger as border guards tighten net in southern Mexico
- Probation officers to step up industrial action soon
- Watch: Man in hospital after being punched to the ground, kicked in the head in Paceville fight
- Prince Philip, 97, gives up licence after car crash
- Commis de Rang
- Rôtisseur, KellnerIn, Chef de Rang, Barkeeper
- Technischer Einkäufer (m/w)
- Mitarbeiter/in in Produktions-IT / Industrie 4.0
- Updated: Alleged drug kingpin Jordan Azzopardi denied bail
- Cross Channel Manager (m/w/d) im Außendienst
- Cyclist hit by car in Msida
- Disponent für den Bereich Transport / Logistik (m/w/d)
- Comino Tower turns 400, and still going strong
- New mental health hospital completion date set for 2025
- Chef de Rang
- Projektleiter (w/m)
- Man charged with defiling girlfriend, 15, now accused of trying to make contact with her
- Millions of Thais sign up to volunteer for the king
- Watch: Green lung over Regional Road to be completed in four years
- 35 years ago: Five AFM soldiers, two police officers die in patrol boat explosion
- Ian Borg mocked on social media for making use of tent for shade while trees being chopped off
- Watch: Migrant mothers, kids refuse to leave German rescue ship
- Advisor (m/w/d) für Recruitment & Learning
- Motorists urged to avoid St Paul’s Bay bypass as grassfires create large smoke cloud