A Saudi cargo ship that had been expected to pick up a hugely controversial shipment of French arms from France’s Le Havre will not dock there, a port source said Friday.
French Defence Minister Florence Parly had on Wednesday said French weapons would be loaded onto the Bahri Yanbu, which has been anchored off the northern port for the past few days.
The shipment has triggered controversy in France amid fears the arms could be used against civilians in Saudi’s military campaign in Yemen.
“The stopover won’t take place,” the port source told AFP, without giving further details.
French investigative news site Disclose leaked a classified military note last month detailing the use of French tanks and artillery in the Yemen war.
The report sparked a political furore in France although Parly insisted there was “no proof” of casualties in Yemen caused by French weapons.
There had been protests against the docking of the ship in Le Havre. There was no immediate indication of where the vessel might head next or what had prompted the change of plan.
- Rezeptionist/in mit Erfahrung
- Cabinet to discuss reform to stop sex offenders from working with children
- Appoġġ saw to more than 11,500 cases last year
- Rezeptionist m/W
- Police injured as far-right, anti-Nazi activists clash in Berlin
- "Abandoned" pigs to be confiscated by the authorities
- Unidentified man drowns in Armier
- Postpone autumn hunting season to mid-October, activists say
- Malta, Italy in yet another spat over migration
- Indian police arrest bishop accused of raping nun in Kerala state
- How Trump's son-in-law helped a $1.2 trillion trade zone stay intact
- Three in five worried about adequate pension
- Jimmy Magro corruption probe still pending after 21 months
- Watch: Terrorist attack kills at least 18 teenagers in Crimean school
- Court: Sufficient grounds for Silvio Zammit, John Dalli aide, to be sent to trial
- Busuttil to play role in assessment of Ramona Frendo's nomination to Euro court
- DIPLOM-INGENIEURE / ARCHITEKTEN M/W
- (Junior) Sachbearbeiter (m/w) Vermietung & Büromanagement
- Gesundheits- und Krankenpfleger (w/m/d) Gesundheits- und Krankenpfleger (w/m/d) für unsere Rettungss...
- Marketing Manager (w/m/d)
- 'Inform businesses of Brexit consequences' - Adrian Delia
- Panorama Hotel application: Council objects, Superintendence worried, residents up in arms
- Trump to meet emboldened Democrats in bid to end government shutdown
- Leiter Logistik (m/w)
- Lehrlinge (m./w.) Einzelhandelskaufmann/frau
- 'Unfair' electricity pricing in Malta discussed in EP committee
- (Managing, Senior) Business Consultant Versicherungen (m/w/d) Schweiz
- Facebook's call for global internet regulation sparks debate
- Watch: Pete Buttigieg launching his US presidential campaign
- Senior Software EntwicklerIn im Bereich Industrie 4.0
- Democratic Party says one of its candidates was assaulted
- Absence of PN candidates means 117,000 people were almost left with no reason to vote - PM
- France urged to suspend Libya boat delivery over migrant interception fear
- Wanted man gets 10-month jail term and loses €20,000 bail bond
- Junior Vertriebsmitarbeiter (m/w)
- Senior Engineer Generic (m/w)